Nigel mentors leaders and emerging leaders. He brings over 30 years’ experience working with leaders in business and leading himself on boards.
His typical mentees are business leaders (CEOs, MDs and Chairs) or other board (C-suite) senior executives. He is experienced in working in both the organisational context (with the Romans) and with entrepreneurs (the Ancient Britons).
Mentees describe Nigel’s style as professional, enthusiastic, sensitive, disciplined and fun. He has a mentee-led approach, which is non-directive, where the emphasis is on intellectual challenge and emotional support leading to performance improvement.
He is able to support and challenge using practical examples of what he has seen work elsewhere, or personally used himself, to solve real problems.
Nigel operates mainly face to face with monthly meetings, often in London, over breakfast, lunch or dinner. The topics at each meeting are set by the mentee, and there may be some preparation on both sides before.
The meetings are in confidence.
Benefits of mentoring
- Improving confidence
- Independent perspective
- To provide a sound board for practical advice
- Develop the tools to deal with stress, secure wellbeing and improve mental health
- Support around strategy and performance
- Leadership and management development
- To be intellectually challenged
- Balancing work and home life
- Assistance with planning, prioritizing and managing workload
- Energizing and enthusing
- Professional skills and career development
- Dealing with conflict and difficult people
- Introducing mentee to contacts who can help